There are a number of restaurants in Phnom Penh that need to be recognized. One of the older establishments is Khmer Surin Restaurant, which offers a really good selection of quality dishes.
It is a must-try for those who are in the city, and the location is great if you want to escape the busy streets for some peace and quiet.
- The food is really good.
- The fried chicken is one of the best chicken including the sauce.
- They have a wide selection of dishes to choose from – not limited to Khmer or Thai dishes only.
- Fish amok is highly recommended.
- The dessert was also quite impressive. The fried ice cream was delicious and not overwhelming in its sweetness.
- Other options are equally mouth watering.
- They offer several types of drinks to go with your meal.
The Location and Ambiance
- The location is quite ideal since it is in an area where many restaurants and condos are located.
- It is not that accessible though, if you find yourself on the other side of Sihanouk Boulevard.
- From the outside, it looks like just another house that is overcome with vines.
- Inside, it is a very relaxing place – quiet, peaceful, and almost spa-like.
- There are several dining areas, a pond, and several types of seating to choose from.
- Service is okay, but because of the size of Khmer Surin Restaurant, it seems like there is less coverage of waiters.
- However, their staff are able to speak different languages well enough – especially Khmer and English.
- The staff seems accommodating to requests, and are patient enough if you don’t know what you want to eat.
- They are willing to wait for what you would like, and if they notice that you are trying to get their attention, they are quick enough to make a move.
Khmer Surin Restaurant
House #9, Street 57, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: +855 (0) 12 887 320, +855 (0) 12 797 539, and +855 (0) 23 993 163